Video captures moment gas explosion occurred while UNIZIK student was on Facebook live

Click Ads below

A clip posted on social media caught the moment a gas explosion happened as a UNIZIK student was live on Facebook.

On Tuesday, October 5, the incident that resulted in the death of a female student occurred at El-Shaddai Lodge while an inhabitant of one of the rooms was apparently making popcorn. The girl was gushing about her natural hair in the Facebook live video when the gas burst.

According to an eyewitness, while some residents of the resort were able to evacuate their belongings, others were unable to do so due to the speed with which the fire spread. Firefighters were also claimed to have arrived quickly.

Mazi Michaels Orlukwu-Nyesom Nwadibia Udochukwu, a Facebook user, disclosed that body of one of the students who was trapped after the incident was discovered in the evening.

He wrote;

Yesterday was a sad day here in Unizik.

A lodge caught fire from gas explosion. The room occupant was making pop corn when it occurred, the impact of the explosion shattered the girl’s leg plus burnt body, the guy in the room also suffered some burn plus the dog of a lodge occupant was burnt too.

Fire brigade was alerted, they responded in no distant time, but the fire was so fast as most rooms were already burnt. Some occupants were lucky to get some properties out, some weren’t so lucky.

All the while we were there trying to put off the fire, we never knew that a friend was trapped in one of the rooms, wall fell on her from the impact of the explosion, nobody knew, smoke covered the whole rooms, the fire fighters also failed in their responsibility to check everywhere very well.

It was later in the evening that her dead body was discovered.

Really sad. May her gentle soul rest in peace. And quick recovery to the injured.

See below:

Watch below:

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here